The Rochester Athletic Club opened to members on October 18, 1993. The concept was to build a four season, high quality, club to meet the social and athletic needs of its members. Opening at 200,000 square feet under roof and situated on 35 acres, the Rochester Athletic Club accomplished that.
The RAC is an industry leader in many ways. The design, where one enters to a large, open expanse, yet experiences a sense of privacy was a concept pioneered by the RAC. An outdoor water park, family locker rooms, and a focus on family activities were new to Athletic Clubs.
The year 2006 brought the first large remodeling project. A new tennis building, new Mind/Body and Pilates studios, another gymnasium, and additional family changing rooms were enthusiastically greeted by members. The crowning achievement was the creation of a 35,000 square foot family entertainment center, titled The Neighborhood. This area provides recreational activities as well as spaces to hone sports skills. This one of a kind space enlarges the footprint to 260,000 square feet and truly makes the Rochester Athletic Club an "in town sports resort."
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) Integrity Awards are presented to businesses in Minnesota and North Dakota that have demonstrated a commitment to conducting their business practices in an ethical manner. Companies must uphold BBB standards and display integrity in all aspects of their daily operations. Winners are chosen by an independent panel of judges. There is only one winner each year depending on the Category the business fits in (based on employee head count).Rochester Athletic Club 2009 Winner Category IV (100+ employees)
The staff of the RAC is committed to delivering an attractive club and attentive customer service. We are proud of the many industry awards we have won.
- Winner or finalist of 7 Nova 7 awards (The Academy Award of the Fitness Industry)
- 2009 Winner of the Better Business Bureau Integrity Award
- 2007 United States Tennis Association Outstanding Facility Award
- 2007 International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Distinguished Service Award
- 2004 USPTA Industry Excellence Award
- 1998 USTA Northern Member Organization of the Year
- 1997 Rochester Area Quality Council Small Business Quality Award Winner
- Listed in Top 100 clubs in the United States by Club Industry Magazine
The RAC is privately owned.